TortoiseGit is a Home windows Shell Interface to Git and primarily based on TortoiseSVN. TortoiseGit just isn’t an integration for a particular IDE equivalent to Visible Studio, or Eclipse as an example, quite you should use it with no matter improvement instruments you select, and with any kind of file. The principle interplay with TortoiseGit can be by way of the context menu of a Home windows explorer interface.
Key options embody:
- All instructions can be found instantly from Home windows Explorer.
- Solely instructions that make sense for the chosen file/folder are proven..
- Highly effective commit dialog.
- Auto completion of paths and key phrases of the modified information.
- Integration with difficulty monitoring methods.
- Can apply patch information you bought from customers with out commit entry to your repository.
- Minimal log message size to keep away from by chance committing with an empty log message.
- Multi language assist.
- Simple to make use of.
TortoiseGit is developed beneath the GPL. Which implies it’s completely free for anybody to make use of, together with in a business surroundings, with none restriction by any means. The supply code can be freely accessible, so you possibly can even develop your individual model if it’s essential.
TortoiseGit offers you with info equivalent to common duties, committing, exhibiting logs, diffing two variations, creating branches and tags, and creating patches and so on.