Tag&Rename is a Home windows utility created to handle a variety of well-liked music codecs. The device permits for fast and straightforward modifying of tag information, for instance MP3 ID, Home windows media and iTunes tags (see beneath for full checklist). Writing new or updating present tag information might be achieved for a single file or in batch for a whole album or folder. Tags are created based mostly on file names or information downloaded from numerous music databases and music directories together with freedb, tracktype.org and Amazon. The tagging software program helps a protracted checklist of fields: title, artist, album, style, yr, disc quantity, cowl artwork, lyrics, composer, conductor and extra. Tag&Rename’s extra options embrace a robust playlist editor with help for recursive subfolders and a complicated file checklist to indicate music recordsdata in an actual folder construction.
File and tag codecs supported by Tag&Rename:
- .mp3 – ID3v1, ID3v1.1, ID3v2.2, ID3v2.three and ID3v2.four tags
- .wma, .asf and .wmv (Home windows Media) – Home windows Media tags
- .m4a, .m4b (Apple iTunes aac and lossless audio recordsdata), .m4p (protected recordsdata from Apple Music Retailer), .mp4 – iTunes tags
- .ogg, .flac and .spx – Vorbis Feedback
- .mpc (MusePack), .ape (Monkey’s Audio), .ofr (Optim Frog), .wv (Wav Pack) and .tta (True Audio) – APEv1 and APEv2 tags
- .wav – ID3v2 tag in ‘id3 ‘ RIFF chank